New Zealand Car Export
If you're looking to export a luxury car to New Zealand, trust Beck Evans to make it happen. We're a family owned business, and we've been perfecting our network of industry contacts for more than 20 years. By choosing us and our trusted network of sourcing and shipping partners, you're securing a stress-free process, an outstanding service, and a great price on your prestige export car.
We have over 100 presige hand picked vehicles in stock rangeing from Porsche, Land Rover, Range Rover, BMW, Mercedes, Audi, VW, Aston Martin, Bentley, Ferrari and more.
Fully serviced vehicles
We own our stock, and put each vehicle through rigorous HPI checks, MOTs and servicing to ensure the highest export quality.
Save thousands on your car
When we arrange your shipping, there's no VAT (the UK equivalent of NZ's GST) to pay on your car, resulting in a huge cost saving.
The best prestige exporters to NZ
Exporting hundreds of cars to New Zealand over the years has given us a reputation for 100% customer satisfaction.
Peace of mind
Reviews and references
We've clocked up over one thousand reviews from satisfied customers, and can provide references on request.
Live video demos
Detailed livestream tours
See a video demonstration of your chosen car via FaceTime or Skype without leaving your own home.
Delivery in less than 50 days
Auckland or Christchurch
Our extensive shipping network lets us deliver your car to Auckland or Christchurch within 42 or 49 days.
Choose any vehicle you like from our extensive, luxury stock
Enjoy an in-depth livestream of your car via FaceTime or Skype
If you like what you see, let us know and we'll send you an invoice
We'll secure and hold your vehicle until the payment due date
Our trusted shipping agent will contact you to finalise the details
Your car will be shipped to Auckland or Christchurch in 42 or 49 days
All your documents will arrive to you via a trusted courier
Total shipping cost: 3400.00 NZD plus any local taxes
This price includes:
- Full compliance with UK and New Zealand customs
- MPi (MAF) inspection and clean, completed in the UK
- UK export clearance
- Packing LCL in container
- Ocean freight
- New Zealand customs clearance
- MPI fees
- Full vehicle cleaning
- Container cartage
- Marine insurance
- Delivery to Auckland or Christchurch
- Car Purchase (CIF)
- NZ Vehicle Compliance
- NZ Vehicle registration costs
- NZ road insurance
- Good and Service Tax (GST) payment
- Delivery from port to final destination
Take a Range Rover Sport, for example:
Range Rover Sport
Normal price: 128,000 NZD
Export price (VAT-free): 106,826 NZD
You save: 21,361 NZD
Shipping cost: 3,400 NZD
Total saving: 17,961 NZD
We're unable to take responsibility for paying GST to customs, at 15% of CIF value (the cost of vehicle, insurance and freight). The same goes for compliance and on- road costs. Compliance for a European vehicle is around 450 NZD, potentially plus GST. Registration is around 350 NZD for 12 months.
- Up to date service history
- HPI certification (Mileage verification and No serious damage history)
- Manufacturers book pack
- Bill of Lading
- A locking wheel nut (if applicable)
- Spare key
- V5 Logbook
Once we've received payment for your vehicle, one of our shipping partners will contact you to finalise the details.
The below information is based on one of our partners' processes to give you a full idea of how things will work. Others might vary slightly.
What happens next?
Your car will reach New Zealand via Singapore. If you want to know the specific vessel your car will be transported on, our shipping partner will be able to advise you.
Reaching New Zealand
- It will take about four days to transport and unpack your car, as well as clearing it through customs.
- The vehicle will also be checked for mud and plant material on the underside which could harm the environment in its new home.
- It's worth noting that 95% of vehicles brought into New Zealand are deemed to require cleaning, which we carry out as quickly as possible to bring them up to scratch..
- Once the shipping company knows the result of the inspections, and customs charges are finalised, you'll be sent our invoice..
- When the invoice is paid, your car will be delivered to a compliance centre to be inspected again, this time to make sure it's in line with safety standards.
Compliance and registration
- Your car will be taken to a compliance centre chosen by the shipping company, unless you have a specific location in mind where you'd prefer it to be assessed.
- All documentation will be emailed to the compliance centre ahead of your car's arrival. The compliance people will need copies of:
- the purchase invoice
- the vehicle registration
- the bill of landing
- Usually, the compliance procedure takes about two days. We advise getting in touch with the centre directly to introduce yourself and discuss a more concrete timeframe, as there may be a waiting list.
- Assuming there are no issues with your vehicle, you'll need to pay around 450/500 NZD, plus GST, direct to the compliance people.
- You'll then be issued with a MR2A certificate, which you can take to the nearest vehicle registration office. For the relevant fee, you'll be given your registration papers and license plates for the team at the compliance centre to put on your vehicle.
- Once that's done, you're ready to drive away!