We are able to offer competitive prices to ship used vehicles to Mauritius by either roll on roll off or containerised services.
The condition below do not apply entirely to returning a Mauritian residents who have the right to import a car of any age. An Import permit and the documentation are still required.
The value of second cars are re-assessed by customs and duty is applicable according to the engine capacity.
Feel free to contact us for any else information.
Find Me A New or Used Car
We offer a no obligation search for our export customers. We can help you find your dream new or used prestige motor.
What are the conditions for importing a second-hand car?
Exporting Cars to Mauritius Any person wishing to import a second-hand car should seek an import permit from the Ministry of Commerce and Cooperative prior to the importation, the age of the car should be not less than 18 months and not more than 48 months at the time of the shipment.
Before clearing the car, he should submit the following documents to the Customs & Excise Department:
- Originals invoices and Bill of lading.
- Cancellation of Registration Certificate.
- Pre-shipment Inspection Certificate for Japan.
- M.O.T. Test certificate for U,K. or SAARPCO Certificate for S.A.D.C countries.
- "Be covered by an inspection certificate in the form specified in the Sixth Schedule of the Consumer Protection Regulation or containing the particulars and information required in it, issued not earlier than 2 months before the date of shipment by a branch of Bureau Veritas or Societe Generale de Surveillance (S.G.S) or a competent authority in the exporting country recognized by the Permanent Secretary, or with regard to Japan, South Africa and the U.K by the authorities specified in the Seventh Schedule of the above Regulation."
In respect of a second-hand motor car of a returning resident shipped on or after 31 December 2011 or such later date as may be prescribed, an inspection certificate stating the CO2 emission of the motor car at the time it was manufactured.
Please refer to the MRA website for updated information before arranging your shipment
Visit www.bureauveritas.com for more information. The Bureau Veritas inspection is approximately £380 + VAT = £456.
RORO (Roll on Roll off)
Saloon Car/4x4 £1550, Containers From £2100